- Infographic: http://sandboxstrat.com/TwoDots_Infographic.zip (3 MB)
- Apple App Store: http://www.appstore.com/twodots
- Google Play: http://g.co/play/twodots
- Amazon Appstore: http://amzn.to/1zi0RhI
Games Studio Dots Hits 30 Million Downloads for Two Dots
Dots reports $15 million in revenue on Two Dots’ one-year anniversary
NEW YORK – May 29, 2015 – Playdots Inc. (“Dots”) announced today that its hit title Two Dots has been played nearly 5 billion times by 30 million people worldwide since its release one year ago. The team is also proud to announce that it won three honors at the Webby Awards two weeks ago, taking home both an official Webby Award and People’s Voice Award for Best Visual Design – Aesthetic (Mobile & Apps), as well as the Webby Award for Best Gaming App (Handheld Devices).
"It's been hard for me to see how far our team has come, because we've been heads down designing levels and writing code everyday. But when I step back, look at the player usage data, the awards, the features and content we've built, I'm completely blown away." - David Hohusen, Two Dots Game Director
As the studio continues to release more content and looks forward to the imminent release of Two Dots in China (with Tencent), it is sharing some data and factoids about the game to enlighten other independent developers:
- Installs by platform: iOS: 22m, Android: 6.75m, Amazon: 0.25m, Facebook: 1m
- Total gross revenue, all platforms: US$15 million
- Number of games played: 4.8 billion
- Reached #1 game rank in 71 countries, #1 Puzzle game rank in 117 countries
- Top countries by installs: US, UK, Japan, Russia, Canada, Brazil, and South Korea
- Audience demographics: 68% women, 32% men
- Number of dots connected: 250 billion (that’s 28.07 times around the Earth)
In the last two years, Dots has grown from a modest art-inspired puzzle game to a growing NYC-based games studio with the ambition to stand alongside the gaming titans of the world.
Dots has brand-new games in the works for 2015 and will share more information on them soon. Dots and Two Dots are available as free downloads for the iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
About Playdots Inc. (“Dots”)
Dots builds unique games with thoughtful design. The studio's first game, Dots: A Game About Connecting, has garnered a massive and loyal following since its launch in 2013 by Patrick Moberg and Paul Murphy at the startup studio, betaworks. More recently, the studio launched Two Dots, which shot to the top of the charts hours after it launched. Dots and Two Dots are available as free downloads for the iPhone, iPad and Android devices. You can learn more about Dots by following @playdots on Twitter, @iseedots on Instagram, liking www.facebook.com/playdots on Facebook and visiting the Dots website: www.weplaydots.com.